Wicks Unlimited is the global leader in candle combustion solutions and technical services. As an accredited supplier and manufacturer, Wicks Unlimited’s waxed wick, sustainers, and wick clip assemblies meet the latest international quality standards and management systems stipulated in ISO 9001:2015. Also, Wicks Unlimited proudly holds the European quality seal, RAL GZ 041, for quality waxed candlewick. For over 20 years, Wicks Unlimited has supplied candle manufacturers across the globe with the highest quality waxed wick-on reels, wick clip assemblies, sustainers, and technical services. Let’s explore each part of their business and how it pertains to candle manufacturers both small and large.
Waxed Wick On Reels
Wicks Unlimited’s pre-waxed wick on a fully recyclable high-strength cardboard reel is the perfect product for “in-line” cut, tab, and glue candle manufacturing machinery. Their proprietary waxing process saturates the wick to its core by gently forcing the air out of the raw wick enabling the wick to burn in a more uniform, consistent, and predictable manner while simultaneously making it stronger to work with during production. With (up to)3,000 yards (2,743 meters) of waxed wick per reel and over 400 different candle wicks to choose from, Wicks Unlimited’s wick features minimal ends ensuring your production runs smoothly and efficiently.
- 3,000 yards (2,743 meters) of waxed wick per reel.
- Proprietary waxing ensures each wick is fully de-gassed for optimal wax saturation.
- Recyclable high-strength cardboard reel.
- Perfect product for “in-line” cut, tab, and glue candle manufacturing machinery.
- Minimal ends ensure candle production runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Available for their make & hold program
Wick Clip Assemblies
Wicks Unlimited is the leading U.S. based manufacturer and supplier of wick-
clip assemblies. Their wick clip assemblies are all primed (pre-waxed) to the manufacturer's specifications and then using high-speed automated equipment manufactured to your exact length and sustainer requirements for optimal combustion. Wicks Unlimited offers two crimping options: standard and signature. The standard crimp makes several small and one large piercing in the clip’s wall, providing a tight wick grip while simultaneously increasing the crimp’s overall tensile strength. In comparison, our signature proprietary non-puncturing crimping option enables candles to “shut off” at the end of life and will meet or exceed all standard operating requirements for crimp hold. Candle manufacturers rely on Wicks
Unlimited for wick-clip assemblies to consistently achieve uniform wick height, prevent wick lean and stop tails.
- Leading U.S.-based manufacturer & supplier of wick-clip assemblies.
- Manufactured to your exact length, sustainer, and waxing requirements.
- Achieve uniform wick height, prevent wick lean and stop tails.
- Their standard crimp makes several small and one large piercing in the clip’s wall to allow for a tighter gripping of the wick, thereby increasing the crimp’s overall tensile strength.
- Proprietary (signature) non-puncturing crimping option enables the candle to “shut off” at the top of the sustainer every time with proper gluing.
- Patented crimping tool exerts more pressure on the wick core without shearing the fibers ensuring a solid crimp every time and prevents the wick from pulling out.
- Wicks Unlimited’s crimp will meet or exceed all standard operating requirements for crimp hold.
- There are no tails on Wicks Unlimited’s wick-clip assemblies, guaranteed.
Wicks Unlimited sustainers are manufactured to the highest ISO 9001:2015 standards with either a 15 mm or 20 mm base and lengths of 3.8 mm, 6 mm, 10 mm, and longer. To meet the needs of manufacturers, Wicks Unlimited also developed an innovative self-centering votive sustainer line. All their sustainers are manufactured from .010” (0.254 mm) thick tin-coated steel, inhibiting corrosion, and is preferred by leading candle manufacturers worldwide.
- 15 mm or 20 mm base options
- Lengths of 3.8 mm, 6 mm, 10 mm, and longer are available.
- All of their sustainers are manufactured from .010” (0.254 mm) thick tin-coated steel that helps inhibit corrosion and is preferred by leading candle manufacturers worldwide.
Our expert lab technicians will provide confidential preliminary wick optimizations and combustion problem solving for our customers. Our busy lab is not only a place of technical assistance but also of continual learning.
• Combustion Optimization and Troubleshooting
● Discuss your burn objectives and candlewick needs with a
● Wicks Unlimited representative. During our consultation, we
● will help recommend to you the best wick for your candle and
● help you identify the combustion and burn issues you are
• Technical Services
● Once Wicks Unlimited understands your unique wick
● or combustion need, our candle technicians begin a
● complimentary, comprehensive analysis. Once completed, we
● report our findings to you and make further recommendations
● to help you find an optimized burn.
More than Just Waxed Wick
As a division of Stimpson (the world’s leading manufacturer of standard and special eyelets), Wicks Unlimited is also located in Pompano Beach, FL, in a 280,000 sq. ft manufacturing facility, employing 30–35 people and using state-of-the-art automation.The team at Wicks Unlimited works closely with the candle industry, keeping its finger on the pulse of its ever-changing demands by supporting and participating in The National Candle Association, The Latin American Candle Manufacturers Association,and the American Society for Testing and Materials Subcommittees. With over 450 different wicks stocked on-site, 26 candle sustainers, an assortment of wick clip assemblies, and an onsite combustion optimization laboratory, Wicks Unlimited is the ultimate destination for all of your combustion needs. It is no wonder that Wicks Unlimited has waxed, cut, and tabbed 235,795 miles of candlewick since 1999. That’s enough candlewick to wrap around the earth 9 1/2 times or stretch from Pompano Beach Florida to the moon!